Monday 22 October 2012

3D Speed Test without Blueprints


We were given 30 mins to quickly build a model in 3Ds Max without using a blueprint. I chose to start from the body and try to replicate what I had done with the cartoon character previously. It proved to be a lot more difficult to recreate the proportions of a person and a lot of the modelling involved guesswork and estimating where the vertices should go. The hardest part was creating the hands as it involves a lot of detail, which is hard to imagine without a reference. I was given feedback that my hands were facing the wrong direction (forward) for a model and that the model was too flat, meaning it needed more curves for the spine and arms. I corrected this for the final model that is displayed below.


No comments:

Post a Comment